Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The princess is not in another castle

>> CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT VIDEO <<

Okay okay, let me stop you right here.. I would never say of myself that I am a princess. It's just that I'm a huge fan of Super Mario Bros.. and of course, at the end of each level, Princess Peach was never there! Ah.. childhood memories! :-P


As far as I'm concerned, there are only thee actual Dutch princesses of whom the oldest will be our new Queen. And yes, I know.. the Mother of the King and her sisters (and the wives of all the King's brothers and cousins) are also called princesses. But that doesn't count. ;-)


Anyhoo, after this small lecture into the #1 classic game and the Dutch monarchy, let me tell you about the photos and outfit in this blog-post. It's an asymmetrical black dress from Cool Cat, a brand that is aimed at teenagers, but I think this dress is still quite tasteful in its own kind. Let me know if you agree or vehemently disagree!


The location is Castle 'de Haar' (kasteel de Haar) and you can find it near Utrecht in a village called Haarzuilens. Some of you might know it because it's the place where the ELFIA - ELF Fantasy Fair is held every year in April. It's a magical place and ideal for photo-shoots!


I was wearing cute pumps with a leopard print and 5 inch stiletto heels. Perhaps not the ideal footwear around a castle, but when it comes to wearing heels... all reason and sanity go out the window. :-P


After walking for a couple of hours admiring the castle and taking lots of photos and videos,.. these shoes were starting to slip off my feet. So I changed back to my more comfy T-strap 5 inch black heels once again just like with the half-pipe photos. I always come prepared!  


Does this happen to you sometimes? You're posing for a pic.. and then other people want to pass?! :-P

We shot so many clips that day.. so the video is a bit longer... I hope you won't get bored! Enjoy!






35 comments:

  1. Love that dress, you look stunning in it,breathtaking location and i too played mario whe i was a kid lol :))

    Capturing Life Memoirs | www.aimeebustillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LBD and your heels are perfect with it!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to take pics on Sunday cause then nobody is there... at least where we shoot the photos... LOL Thank you for the small lecture into Dutch monarchy! ;)) And man(m) what a look, LBD looks gorge on you with leo heels. Love the belt!

      JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

      Delete
  3. nice post as usual :)

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice place to visit and you look amazing! Love the black dress and the open-toe shoes (which I know are difficult to wear!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit. I never stop by Coolcat anymore, but used to love the store as a teen. I also really love the location of your shoot :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooowww !! The shoes are STUNNING ! xx

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful:) Great black outfit:)
    Thank you for your visit on my blog!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look totally gorgeous in that black dress....and those leo heels are amazing! I'm not very practical when it comes to heels either, I love to wear them as often as I can....anyhow, this outfit is so glam and fabulous!

    Today I was also playing a role of a princess (sort of). I went to a local pub and because it was 45 C outside, we went in the basement...that kind of looks like a castel....but this real castle is way more cool! It looks like a great place to visit...and believe it or not, today also a woman was cycling by just as I was posing for an outfit photo...what a coincedence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty dress! Love the pop of leopard shoe!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those shoes!!
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look stunning <3 Love the black dress!
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Further proof that a career on the catwalk beckons - should you get tired of physics…😜

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fantastic:) great shoes :)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your leopard heels! <3

    Bethany
    Kiss Me Darling
    www.kissmedarlingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice photos and super stunning & stylish girl...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning look!! I especially love those leopard print stilettos :) and Super Mario Bros....ah, nostalgia!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such a pretty dress!
    http://simonaroxanahuidiu.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a feminine dress!
    Love it!
    Dora
    www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome look and castle!! Loving your stye ;))

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you look so gorgeous and chic in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful! your smile gives me LIFE!!!!!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Honestly it happens very seldom that people want to pass when we have a shooting - but this is simply due to the reason that here in the Bavarian country don't live many people :) It is kind of lonley here! But I agree that this castle is for sure a wonderful place for pictures and honestly you are indeed a princess for me - a very clever and hard working princess! Like the dress it fits you so well <3
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pics!

    http://differentcands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your Peeptoes!
    xoxo Lynda
    http://fashion-petite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow that dress is wonderful! Great combination with animal print! Just another perfect stylish look!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a great dress, I'm loving the slit!

    xx,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those shoes are amazing!!! You can never go wrong with a pair of stand out heels :) And that location is just beautiful! Love it!

    xoteresa
    theteresanicole.com

    ReplyDelete